Sunday, December 28, 2008

Rough and tough "little Max"!

Max turned one on the fifth, I cant believe how fast this year has gone. He was born a little over a month early, and life has just been a whirlwind ever since. We all love him so much. He has fit in with our little family so well, its hard to remember how things were before he was around.

He gets into things more than I ever remember the girls getting into. Just over these last few days he has started walking more and more. His big sister's have so much fun with them, and he loves them so much. If him and I go down stairs during the day for anything, he crawls back and forth between their rooms looking for them.

Today before I came to work he threw himself down the stairs (scared me to death). Hell-o I am a nurse, I think. I swear when it is your own kids all complete rationale goes out the window. Instead of assessing him for any type of injury, I just picked him right up and held him tight. When he finally settled down, I settled down, and the girls settled down (they were crying too). I then looked him over to find two small goose eggs, and one rather large goose egg all on his head. Along with a couple of lacerations, that probably could have used a staple or two (but I think he will be just fine). I hope he makes it to age two :)

We had a great Christmas. Everyone got what they pretty much wanted. Except,Jacey did ask Santa for some "ril dimond 's", I pretty sure big dimond earing's that she got arnt the real thing. But heck what she doesnt know won't hurt her. Kodi got what she wanted as well. What other nine year old ask's for chapter books for Christmas. Jacey also got and eletric scooter and Kodi got a bike and a camera. Max got a little
care that we can push him around in, and he loves it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute story Jodi. Max sure is a cutie! I can't believe he is already one. I'm glad Jacie got her "ril dimonds". Her letter to santa was so cute.

Tara said...

Jodi
found you while stalking blogs! CUTE CUTE blog! Glad to hear that Max is okay after tumbling down the stairs - I did laugh that the mom in you freaked completely out like the rest of us - because I know what a great nurse you are! Glad you guys had a great Christmas!
My blog's locked, but if you want an invite send me your e-mail at tbutler35@hotmail.com and I'll stick you on my list.
Tara

Brasher family said...

Okay, how scary Max fell down the stairs! I am glad he was okay. We miss you guys!!